Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Project Selection - My Decision

Upon choosing the form of my media studies project, I chose the film project because I find it more entertaining and enjoyable than the magazine project. My experience and love for the acting and directing world outbid the magazine choice and ultimately lead to to make my decision. As a thespian and an active participant of a theater program, have been given this opportunity to create something that I always take pleasure in daily just seemed to good to pass up. For the film, I will be working with Marin McLean, a fellow friend and theater member, and the genre romantic comedy. The film will be about a high school nemeses, who get cast as Romeo and Juliet in their school's production of Romeo and Juliet. We decided to choose this genre and plot line due to the reactions we would get from our audience. As high school students, unfortunately, some of our peers have not yet matured to a point where they can handle seeing their fellow associates acting seriously on camera. Therefore, by giving them something to watch that where it would actually be appropriate for them to laugh, we decided that was for the best. I will be working with two main actors, Mary-Margret Steber and Andrew Sapienza. This group will be extremely easy to work with as they are both my friends and are all involved with theater, meaning both have acting skills and understand respect for their directors. Specifically, Mary Margaret has taken AICE Media Studies before, so she has a general knowledge of how this project will run. Marin McLean and I will film, provide a script, stage directions, as well as props for the film. However, there is a scene planned that involves a classroom filled with students. This will be a challenge because finding, recruiting, and accommodating for time for all those people will be difficult. Nonetheless, within my small main group, everyone will depend on each other with their different jobs and enjoy their time while doing it to produce a great film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarter Four Final Submission