Monday, November 5, 2018

Project Selection - Movie

Image result for the making of ferris bueller's day offWhile making my decision for my project, I realized I had to take into consideration my interests, talents, and skills sets. Creating films and plays have always intrigued me as I love the performing arts, adding a great advantage to the film choice. However, producing a movie would not be an easy task, as shown in The Making of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, a documentary detailing the behind-the-scenes process of making the successful film Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Within the film, an array of issues was shown, from casting to budget to deadlines to editing and cutting. Even with seemingly endless problems, the cast, crew, and prodigy director, John Hughes, eventually came together to create one of the most beloved teen films of the 1980's, and it even carries its revered legacy on over 30 years later. Although movies have an entertaining and enjoyable aspect within the final product, the movie-making process poses a threat due to the challenges that arise while in the filming. When working with a group, problems like contrasting ideas, casting choices, and contradicting plot views, can result in clashing directors and stress on the production. However, with the right amount of collaboration and compromise, these difficulties can be easily resolved. As I am an active thespian within the Sarasota High School theater department, as well as in the Sarasota community, I bring a wide range of vital assets to the film creating process such as knowledge of directing and acting, and having been a student of multiple on-camera acting classes at Players Theater. I believe that choosing the film selection for my project would be an excellent choice to show my talents as well as advance areas with room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quarter Four Final Submission